Module A – Prepare for take-off!
It will give you, as a Young Leader the essential information you need to perform your role safely. It will provide you with the skills you need to assist with another section and understand your role as a Young Leader. You will also discover how the Young Leaders’ Scheme works and how to access further training opportunities. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain your role as a Young Leader for the section you are supporting and how local Scouting is organised.
- Summarise the purpose and methods of Scouting.
- Explain how the Child Protection Policy applies to you as a Young Leader.
- Explain the importance of Policy, Organisation and Rules and access the information within it.
- Show that you understand how Policy, Organisation and Rules affects your actions as a Young Leader.
- Explain why it’s important to provide activities safely and necessary to carry out risk assessments.
- Understand how the Young Leaders’ Scheme works and how to access further training.
A Young Leaders’ Badge will be awarded after completing Module A. This badge signifies that a Young Leader has completed their basic training.